Healing Trauma Through Yoga: a 4.5 hour E-course
Presented by David Emerson, E-RYT
Interpersonal trauma can lead to a wide range of debilitating symptoms which negatively impact quality of life. In this succinct but informative and practical e-course, TC-JRI Yoga Program Director David Emerson explores relevant research, theories and techniques related to yoga and trauma. Designed for students, teachers, clinicians and survivors, the course provides an overview and understanding of trauma, how to use yoga as part of the healing process, and how to incorporate trauma sensitive yoga into your life, classes or clinical practice. In the E-course, David also facilitates some yoga-based exercises so that you can explore some fractal experiences with the material.
Course highlights include:
- Relevant trauma theories and neurophysiology
- Key themes of trauma sensitive yoga
- Theoretical underpinnings and methodology of Trauma Sensitive Yoga
- The issue of hands-on assists in yoga classes
- How therapists, yoga teachers, and healers can incorporate some trauma sensitive yoga into their practices
- Ways to re-develop a relationship with the body
- Ways that trauma is held in the body
- Creating a personal trauma sensitive yoga practice
This course is designed for students, teachers, clinicians and survivors. Each area of focus will complement the others while providing deeper context for understanding trauma but please note that this distance learning course is not intended to replace in-person training in TC-TSY or in the practice of yoga.
- You will be provided downloadable access to course materials upon confirmation of purchase; the materials are yours to keep. Please be sure your e-mail address is accurate when providing payment; we will send you a link to download the videos within 2-3 days of purchase.
- 4.5 Hours total / audio & slide presentation, presented in three parts. Each segment includes audio of the presenter's voice along with presented slides.
- PLEASE NOTE: This course does NOT provide continuing education credits.
- Finally, while this course does qualify as a prerequisite for the certification program, students who complete the E-course as the prerequisite will be required to do some additional at-home studying prior to the start of the certification program once they are accepted.
Purchase and Download here Online E-course